- source("ZEST_big_grid2.r") to begin procedure.
- A pop-up window will appear, asking if you want to run a practice test. Select the stimulus size and eye to be tested before clicking yes. If no practice test is required, you can click no straight away.
- After the practice test, a menu will appear prompting you to enter patient and test information for the main test.
- If the ‘test foveal threshold’ box was ticked, the test will then proceed to test the fovea. If foveal testing was not required, you will be directed immediately to the main test. NOTE: In between tests, you will notice a resetting of the background, which will involve the background flicking on and off and some whirring noises. Do not be alarmed, this takes place so that the appropriate fixation target is given. The foveal threshold test uses a cross whereas the main test uses a single spot.
- You will then be prompted to start the main test. Live test information is provided during the test, which includes FP and FN rates, test duration, number of presentations and % of test complete. The display also shows where each stimulus is presented and will tell you if the observer responded yes or no to that stimulus. Locations shown in red indicate unfinished locations. Locations shown in blue indicate finished locations.
- There is also the option to pause the test at any time. When paused, you have three options: 1) resume the test 2) terminate the test or 3) delete the last 1-5 presentation responses if the observer made a known false response.
- If a FP response is made, you will hear a double beep.
- Upon completion of the test, You will be asked if you want to save the test or not. If you elect to save the test, you will then be prompted to enter any final comments. If there are no further comments to add, just leave the space blank and press submit.