FourTerm is ultra-lightweight terminal emulator with vim-like keyboard shortcuts for window navigation, active web and file links, search feature and sexy color "Solarized" scheme with day/night fast switching. It is based on ValaTerm and comparable to Terminator.
- Very small (only about 35 kB binary on Intels).
- Faster than Terminator (written in Vala/C).
- Four terminals setup by default.
- Starts ultra-fast. Exits even faster!
- Built-in Solarized color scheme.
- Dark/light color scheme switch using Super/Win + c combination.
- Vim-like key mapping. Try Super/Windows key + hjkl.
- Active terminal is highlighted.
- Comes with Terminus font dependency and setting.
- Allows to choose your font, scrollback, scrollbar and optional transparency.
- Supports any number of terminal columns and rows.
- No context menu, no cursor changes (easy to select even links).
- Recognizes bactraces of Ruby and Python.
- Right click opens browser or editor.
- More backtrace support (Perl, Java...) - SEND PATCHES!
- Fedora 16/17 package.
- Effective searching in the history. No more scrolling.
We will provide RPMs for Fedora very soon. See bellow on how to compile.
- glib-2.0 >= 2.6
- gtk+-2.0 >= 2.16
- vte >= 0.20
- valac >= 0.10.0 but >= 0.12.1 is better if you using vte >= 0.26
- gcc or Clang/LLVM
Tutorial for Fedora:
# yum -y install git waf vala glib2-devel gtk3-devel vte3-devel # git clone git://github.com/lzap/fourterm.git # cd fouterm # ./waf configure --with-gtk3 # ./waf # build/fourterm
The same for other distributions. If you don't have waf package, you can use ./waf script instead of system-wide installation.
FourTerm was initially forked from ValaTerm, work of Jacques-Pascal Deplaix. Thanks!
- Jacques-Pascal Deplaix
- Lukas Zapletal
- We want you!
Copyright © 2011 Jacques-Pascal Deplaix, © 2012 Lukas Zapletal
FourTerm is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.