Neubot support for M-Lab
Support scripts for Neubot on M-Lab.
Update to latest neubot-server
cd neubot-server git checkout mlab git pull cd .. git commit -am "Update to latest neubot-server"
Build RPM from development branch
Login on a development machine (e.g. neubot.mlab.mlab4.prg01.measurement-lab.org), then:
Install development tools
sudo yum --disablerepo=epel groupinstall -y 'Development tools'
Clone the repository
cd /tmp rm -rf mlab-neubot-support git clone --recursive -b develop https://github.com/neubot/mlab-neubot-support.git
Run the slicebuild.sh script
cd mlab-neubot-support git tag git checkout $tag # very important to make the RPM package ./package/slicebuild.sh mlab_neubot find /tmp -type f -name \*.rpm # scp the generated rpm from that sliver to your machine
Test the new RPM
You can use the
deploy.sh script to test the RPM to another testing sliver
./deploy.sh $rpm neubot.mlab.mlab1.nuq0t.measurement-lab.org
Check list for testing
- deploy on a testing machine
- test using
- make sure test results are written on disk and parse as JSON
- make sure rsync and syslog are running on the sliver
- make sure the memory usage of neubot and botticelli is reasonable
- both are running under the expected non privileged user
- data is being collected from the sliver