MediaWiki to WordPress Converter based on http://www.analogrithems.com/rant/portfolio/mediawiki2wordpress/
I have added some very rough code to convert URLs, images (all centred), media, headers bold/italic, tables (ugly HTML), block quotes, bullents (buggy) and some maths/latex, as well asflag up (with FIXME) things that are noticed but not handled. You should use with caution. This code has had almost no testing.
A new option
-r has been added to generate apache rewrite rules between old (MediaWiki) and new (WordPress) URLs.
No responsibiltiy of ruining your website, etc., you're on your own with this.
- Visit mediaiwiki-site/wiki/Special:AllPages to get a list of all pages in the CMS.
- Extract the list from the page, make into a single column, one page per line.
- Visit mediaiwiki-site/wiki/Special:Export and input the list of pages as created above.
- Select "Include only the current revision, not the full history".
- Select "Save as file".
- Leave "Include templates", as you do not need them.
- Press "Export"
- Run the converter code here,
mediawiki2wp.pl -f mediawiki.xml -o wordpress.xml
- Import the newly created XML file into WordPress using the Importer
- Navigate to wordpress-site/wordpress/wp-admin/admin.php?import=wordpress
- "Choose File" and select the converted XML file
- "Upload File and Import"
- Assign Authors
- Press Submit
You may find that you want to use the script to generate rewrite rules from the old MediaWiki URLs, or, to print a list of where images should be located in the YYYY/MM/. The
-r flag will help with the rewrites, but, you may need to modify the code to suit your exact needs.
If you decide to add more features, you're welcome to submit a pull request to this repository.