All versions will be distributed via torrent, found in the torrents directory.
- Fully featured installation of I2P
- Fail2ban for login monitoring
- SSH hardening (changed the port, disabled root login, really more of a deterrent)
- UFW for firewalling
Thanks to David at https://github.com/TheTinHat for the updated installation script!
- Version taking advantage of I2Pd
- I've been watching the development of i2pd and I'm waiting for their release of an offical ARM port. Once that happens VC1.0 will be relased, hopefully performance will be greatly improved.
- Onion routeresq plug n play easiness
- Some integration with ufw so ports don't have to be opened
- Maybe some kind of integration with the intial bootstrap script giving you the option to open extra user selected ports
- Automate opening console to network traffic, with user input.
I love suggestions!
Download the image and write it to your SD card. 4 GB is the recommended minimum. You can get away with two if you want.
Connect to your raspberry either through SSH or physically.
Use raspi-config to
- Expand your SD card.
- CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD!
- Dial down your overscan (16)
- Overclock if you want
Use i2p-bootstrap to setup your installation. The script is located in /usr/bin It must be run as root. Allow it to do it's thing, respond intelligently to prompts.
Lynx will open, configure your bandwidth and any other settings.
You will now need to login on the 2121 SSH port. Due to "hardening". Also root login is disabled on SSH. So you will need to use user.
You may need to configure /var/lib/i2p/i2p-config/clients.config to allow local network access. If you do, use a PASSWORD! (Configure that from the webui)
Comment out this line:
clientApp.0.args=7657 ::1,127.0.0.1 ./webapps/
And uncomment this line:
#clientApp.0.args=7657 0.0.0.0 ./webapps/
If your having trouble with the connecting to the webui through the fire wall you can open a port to traffic using
sudo ufw allow 7657
Because of the firewall, you need to manually open ports, the process is identical to what is detailed above, only the port will change.
List of ports you may want open:
4444 HTTP Proxy*
4445 HTTPS Proxy*
*These are open by default, maybe you want to close them, I don't know.