Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Manual installation instructions
Follow the steps below if you'd prefer to include the SDK manually, without a dependency manager:
Add mParticle as a submodule of your project:
git submodule add https://github.com/mParticle/mparticle-apple-sdk
If you prefer not to use submodules, you can simply copy the files into your repository.
mParticle-Apple-SDK.xcodeprojinto your project in Xcode
In Xcode, navigate to the
Embedded Binariessection under the General configuration tab of your project. Then drag in
There are two versions of the framework, one for iOS and the other for tvOS. You can tell them apart using Xcode's file inspector (Command+Option+1)
Add the following required dependencies to
Linked Frameworks and Libraries:
The following libraries should be included in your project, but can be marked as optional:
The following library is optional:
CoreLocation.framework- Include it if location tracking features are needed
If you would like to additionally include any kits there are several additional steps:
1. Navigate to the kit repository and download the latest code
- See here for all kit repositories
- Each repository contains a directory e.g. "mParticle-Localytics", which contains the code for the kit (typically MPKitFoo.h and .m).
- Download the latest code from step 2 and drag it into your project
2. Add the underlying SDK on which the kit depends
This will typically involve downloading their framework and including it in your project along with adding any additional dependencies that don't overlap with mParticle's dependencies.