Alphred for Alfred 2 Workflow
Alphred is a Distraction-free Alfred 2 posting Workflow, so you can just post your thoughts to [App.net] without launching any apps, and while running any other application. Simply type adn followed by your post.
How to Use Alphred
- Download Alphred.
- Open the workflow file, to install it directly to Alfred 2 (Powerpack license is required for Workflows).
- Alphred needs to be authenticated the first time only, or if the token is revoked from the App.net settings.
- To authenitcate Alphred, run the following command into Alfred 2:
adnauth user:<username> pass:<password>
<username>is App.net username and
<password>is the equivalent password.
- App.net had introduced the Two Factor Authentication for increased security. If you had this enabled for your profile, then you need to use an App-specific password for
- Alphred should send a notification to confirm that it is now authenticated and ready.
- All set! Let's have fun.
- To post to App.net, all you have to do is to launch Alfred and then type:
<post>represents what you need to say to App.net. Simple isn't it.
- To send PM to different recepients you have to launch Alfred, then type:
adnpm @username1 @username2 <PM can include other @username3>
- This will send a PM to
PM can include other @username3. No PM or notification will be sent to
- In order to follow Mass users, you need to launch Alfred, then type:
adnf @username1 @username2
- This will follow both users
- A notification will be displayed with how many users are followed and the number of issues faced while following the others.
Sharing Browsers active page
- This feature allows you share your Google Chrome or Safari active page on App.net directly.
- Simply launch Alfred, then type:
- Alfred will show you two choices to share either:
- Google Chrome Active tab
- Safari Active tab
- Only the running browsers will be displayed.
- Select the required choice, this will post to App.net:
<comment> [*Windows Title*](URL)
Uploading a File to App.net
- Simply launch Alfred.
- Search for any file normaly from Alfred.
- Open file actions.
- Select Upload to App.net.
- This should create a new private file to your App.net files.
Share file to a post
- This will embed any file already uploaded to your App.net files storage to a new post.
- Simply launch Alfred, then type:
- In case of Images, an MD link will be added to the end of post, as a failsafe to clients that do not support embedded files.
Share iTunes playing song
- Launch Alfred, then type:
- Alfred will post the following to App.net:
#NowPlaying <track_name> -- <track_artist> -- <track_album> -- <comment>
- You can run
adnauthanytime, to get a new token.
- You can always use Markdown style links, in order to add entities links to you post.
- Added share playing music function
- Fixed bug where links were not parsed correctly, hence were posted like normal text.
- Added a new File Action in Alfred to Upload to App.net
- Added a share file to post
adnfile. File will be embedded into a post.
- Many Bug Fixes.
NB. You will need to Reauthenticate Alphred to access the new files features
- Added Safari support for Sharing Browser page feature
- Added Commenting to Sharing Browser page feature.
- Fixed some issues with posts contain
- Removed Cmd+Enter to trigger Alphred.
- Added Markdown links support for posting with entities links.
- Added Mass PM support.
- Added Mass Follow support.
- Added Sharing Browser page support.
- Added Cmd+Enter to trigger Alphred instead of Enter.
- Initial release.
- Added distraction-free posting to App.net through Alfred 2 workflows.