Hermes was a re-think of email, to make it more conversation based, and move to a HTTP based protocol. The app included some novel things, such as an asynchronous UI, and automatically filtering of any automated emails. It's now been released under the MIT license.
See the blog post for more information.
- Using Juggernaut to make an app realtime
- Receiving and parsing email signatures
- Detecting email sent by a computer
- Modeling messages and conversations
- Using the Twitter API
- JSON/Ajax API (docs/API.md)
- Spine web app
- Overlays and CSS transforms
- Ruby 1.9.2
- Set env variables
rails server thin
Hermes requires a few services to be available in order to function correctly.
- Sendgrid *optional
- Google *optional
To use these services, you'll need to set the relevant ENV vars containing credentials before you boot up the server:
export TWITTER_CONSUMER_KEY=foo export TWITTER_CONSUMER_SECRET=blah export SENDGRID_USERNAME=blah export SENDGRID_PASSWORD=blah export S3_KEY=blah export S3_SECRET=blah