Macfusion brings servers from across the internet directly to your Mac's desktop!
- Mount files and documents as a "Volume" in the Mac OS X Finder
- Work with your files using your favorite Mac OS X applications directly. No manual upload or download needed!
- Support for SSH (Secure Shell) and FTP (File Transfer)
- Uses your machine's native configuration for SSH, including support for private keys and custom settings.
- Quickly connect to any server using the Quick Connect dialog, accessible from Macfusion's optional menu item.
You can download a build of the development version, currently only tested in Mac OS X Lion.
Remember that depending on the operating system you are using you will have to install any of the following dependencies:
- X11, OSX 10.8 needs a manual installation of XQuartz; it is very likely that you already have this installed in your computer if you are using 10.7 or lower.
- For Mac OS X 10.6, you will need MacFUSE.
- For Mac OS X 10.7 and greater, you need Fuse for OSX, note that you will need to check the "install MacFUSE compatibility layer" option during the installation process, otherwise some parts of the software will be broken.
- Update the icons and resources for a retina display resolution, if you are a designer and you can help, please contact me @yoshikivb.
- Fix as many bugs as possible.
- Release a stable 2.1 version in the near future.
- Include a way to call a newer version of sshfs to work in OS X Lion and greater.
- Application no longer crashes when deleting a filesystem.
- Ability to expand the mount path, for example:
- Modified the menu application to toggle between mount and un-mount filesystem.
- Added a checkbox to add (or not) a mounted filesystem into Finder's sidebar.
- Added the output of
git rev-parse --short HEADto the about window.