N/B: THIS REPO IS ARCHIVED
- Don't judge me too harshly on this; It was my very first react project 😀
- What I'd do differently today:
- React Hooks
- A tiny nodejs backend to obfuscate the stream endpoint. That or server side rendering
- Some sort of a cache to enable a small rewind-forward capability (mp3 binary in redis? 🤷🏿♂️)
- Actual sound wave bar graph (circular sound wave?) preferably in WASM. See this
- Might revisit this in the future
Reactjs online radio player for Homeboyz Radio (hbr 103.5)
A ReactjS Online radio station for my favorite Kenyan radio station Homeboyz Radio (hbr 103.5).
- Linked-in post with Video Preview and Project Motivation
- Web Audio Api doesn't play nice with mobile browsers.
- That being said though, i optimized the site for mobile.
- I tested it on chrome for android and it works.
- You can control the site with the mouse or the keyboard
- Add a .env file in the structure of .env.sample (or rename sample and fill in the blanks).
- Recommended places to scrap for the url: hbr tunein site or hbr online player
The technology stack
Reactjs, Heroku Cli, Sass, Web Audio API and an npm module called React Player.
Pull requests are welcome. For major changes, please open an issue first to discuss what you would like to change.