Checklist - An Angular.JS app
Read my daily app check-ins here.
- Write pitch and specification
- Write user stories
- Add user stories to Pivotal Tracker with to-do list.
- Start Git repo
- Write Jasmine tests, based on Pivotal Tracker user stories.
- Write daily stand-up check-ins.
Get you and your friends organized with one central checklist. Your group can start a checklist together and take on your project, one step at a time. Use your mobile phone as a collaborative checklist: Log a list of everything you need, start checking things off as you go, see what your friends have done, see what’s left to get done. See your status reach 100% and get ready to roll.
For small groups of people who need to quickly write and organize an activity, the app, a light-weight mobile-friendly website, will provide groups a way to collaborate on a checklist to get things done. Unlike all the other apps out there, this app will be accessible from mobile phones and web browsers, will not require log-ins and has no extra features.
What’s in the scope?
- Time: Two-week minimum-viable product
- Speed: Fast, real-time collaborating
What’s out of scope (for now)?
- Assigning people to tasks
- Dates, deadlines
- Privacy settings
What’s possible in the future?
- Re-usable checklist
A user story: A series of process stories
In order to organize a group activity with a set list of prep instructions, as a leader of a bicycle touring group, I want a collaborative real-time checklist website to see what the group collectively has, and what we don’t have yet. Ultimately, I want my group to be able to see what we have
- To get all my friends on the same page, as an organizer, I must be able to start a checklist that all participants can view and invite them to it. It will have a title and unique URL.
- To work collaboratively on my list, as an organizer and participant, I must be able to be able to have all participants, including myself, write items and save it on our checklist.
- To start make sure the list is complete and accurate, as an organizer and participant, I must be able to be able to edit (re-write) items in the list.
- To see what my friends have already, as an organizer and participant, I must be able to be able to let others check things off the list.
- To see what has already been done and who did it, as an organizer and participant, I must be able to see the initials of who checked what item off.
- To gauge our overall progress, I must be able to be able to see how many items are checked off. I want to see it graphically.
- To re-use a checklist, I must be able to save the items on a checklist and start a new checklist with a new URL.
- Create HTML elements with basic CSS styling — Checklist with rows, check boxes, text-input area and button, progress bar.
- Angular module created.
- Firebase connection established; API library installed.
- Start to-do list page - add a to-do list item by clicking the button. Complete tests and deploy test-case for mobile testing.
- Start to-do list editing - edit a to-do list item by clicking the item.
- Show a total number of items.
- Add a check button and log into database the check status. Show check status on the screen.
- Add a progress bar that shows overall check-list status.
- Unix/Mac OS X
- Vim, Sublime Text 3
- Jasmine, Cucumber.JS
- Pivotal Tracker
- HTML/CSS - Sass? Compass?
- Responsive, mobile-first design
- Google Web Fonts