Awesome Fertility Awareness Method resources
A curated list of awesome Fertility Awareness Method (FAM) tools and resources.
Tracker Mobile Applications
Why are these apps awesome? Apps that allow you to track temperature data and easily export that data and/or have Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) that allow people to access data programmatically
ProTip: Add a name, URL, compatible mobile devices and data file formats (eg.
.txtavailable for export)
Tracker Web Interfaces
- Kindara - view cycles, view days, export data. cannot update data.
- Flo: Google Calendar integration - [Web] - A Google Calendar and Angular JS app to allow women to more effectively track their menstrual cycles in a way that's convenient and gels with the way they track the rest of their lives.
API (Application Programming Interface) Wrappers
- Kindara: Ruby API - [Ruby] - API Wrapper in Ruby to access Kindara data programmatically
Tracker Thermometer Devices
- Kindara Wink Thermometer [iOS, Android] - Must use
- Ava Women Bracelet [iOS] -
Class 1 medical device registered with the FDA
- YONO Thermometer [iOS, Android]
ProTip: Possible data to add - Cost, data export filetypes, charging method (USB, battery), connection method (WiFi, Bluetooth), type of thermometer sensor (ear, mouth, arm), compatible apps
Tracker Thermometer Devices that have shut down
- Ovatemp [iOS, ONDO wireless thermometer] - Shut down announcement: May 5, 2017, App shut down date: May 31, 2017, Data shut down date: 6 months from May 31, 2017, Content migrating to: https://medium.com/@anamayer
Devices to Watch for
- Fertility Awareness [Facebook]
Research about apps
- Examining Menstrual Tracking to Inform the Design of Personal Informatics Tool, DUB Group, University of Washington - May 2017
- Five things to think about when designing a period-tracking app, Nikki Lee and Daniel Epstein, DUB Group, University of Washington - Feb 2017
- What can we learn from period tracking?, Nikki Lee and Daniel Epstein, DUB Group, University of Washington - Feb 2017
If you want to contribute by adding to this list, please read the contribution guidelines.