Matching Software for Speed Friending and Dating Events
This application is designed to make your life as organizer of speed friending or speed dating events easier. I created this software for a local speed friending event in Vienna, Austria to give back value to the event organizers. For me, the project additionally serves as a playground for software engineering best practices. The application was implemented in an agile, test-driven development process applying all development best practices so far known to me.
Installing the application
To install the live coding environment run:
python setup.py install
or install it via pip
pip install speed-friending-matcher
How to use it
Run the speed-friending-matcher from the command line:
usage: speed_friending_matcher [-h] -i INPUT -o OUTPUT [-m MATCHMAKER] [-s] Matchmaking application for speed friending events optional arguments: -h, --help show this help message and exit -i INPUT, --input INPUT Input plugin and parameters e.g. csv:somefile.csv -o OUTPUT, --output OUTPUT Output plugins and parameters e.g. todo:mytodo.txt -m MATCHMAKER, --matchmaker MATCHMAKER Matchmaker, simple or clique -s, --server Starts a local webserver with a web GUI.
speed_friending_matcher -i csv:example/sample.csv -o todo:test.txt
- csv:.csv: imports a CSV file with partipants data
 means optional
- todo - exports a TODO file
- onexlsx - exports a single Excel sheet containing matching information
- clique - exports a file containing all found cliques, to be used with the clique matchmaker
- graph - exports a graphical representation of the match graph, supports any export formats supported by GraphViz
graph:<filename>.<png, dot, ...>
- simple: Simple I liked you, you liked me matchmaking
- clique: Finds cliques of people liking each other
Run on your Server
The application can be started in server mode with the optional command line argument
However, please be aware that this starts a development server which is not recommended
to be used for production.
pip3 install gunicorn --user gunicorn -w 4 wsgi:application
Use your Apache or other webservers
.htaccess to forward the port.