A website for a tech-themed bookstore
Installation and setup
To use this website, we recommend using a XAMPP (https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html) development environment. XAMPP includes all necessary tools to run this website.
We recommend the version of XAMPP that includes PHP 5.6, as this website was not tested with PHP 7.
After installing XAMPP, please follow the instructions below:
- Start all servers and access
localhost/dashboardthrough your web browser or press the "Go to Application" button on the XAMPP control panel.
- From the dashboard page, click the phpMyAdmin button in the upper right hand corner.
- Using the phpMyAdmin Databases tab, create a new database called
geek_textwith all the default settings.
- Using the phpMyAdmin Import tab, upload the
geek_text.sqlfile from the SQL Import Files directory in this repository.
- Go back to the XAMPP control panel and click the "Open Application Folder" button.
- In the directory that opens, open the htdocs folder.
- Place the folder containing the downloaded repository inside the htdocs folder.
localhost/Geek_text-masterfrom your web browser. The website should be up and running. Sign up for an account and start exploring!