+++ title = "Benefits" date = 2019-03-27T11:01:28Z draft = false image = "" comments = false # set false to hide Disqus share = true # set false to hide share buttons author = "Mike" weight = 600
[menu.main] Name = "Benefits" identifier = "benefits" parent = "cloud" +++
Cloud Computing brings the following benefits for organisations:
- Focus on business value Increase in focus on solving business problems instead of managing infrastructure
- Organsiational Agility Innovation and development cycles are sped up making the organisation more response to change and disruption. Fast provisioning of services enabling experimentation without large up-front costs
- Resource Efficiency Only pay for what you use, scaling up and down as business needs change increases efficiency, but does not necessarily reduce costs
- High-level Architecture the leading Cloud platforms offer consumable high-level services and capabilities around running code, artificial intelligence, queues, databses etc. These provide a set of bigger lego building blocks for creating new business value
- Immutable infrastructure The ability to create clean repeatable environments for testing and deployment
- Automation Automation of build, configuration, deployment, scaling and support via APIs
- Compliance The automation of infrastructure, means that changes to assets and data (intended or otherwise) are all logged improving security and compliance.
- Democratisation of Infrastructure Democratisation of large scale infrastructure as individuals can provision the sort of large scale resources that used to be only availabe to large enterprises
- Democratisation of Innovation Democratisation of vendors innovations in areas such as machine learning, analytics, automation, artificial intelligence etc.
- Reduction in complexity For large enterprises adoption of public cloud means a reduction in 2nd order complexity and costs of managing datacentres, cooling, safety etc.