Welcome to the Growstuff project.
Growstuff is an open source/open data project to create a website for food gardeners. We crowdsource information on what our members are growing and harvesting, aggregate it, and make it available as open data via our API.
Growstuff was founded in 2012 and has been built by dozens of contributors. We are an inclusive, welcoming project, and encourage participation from people of all backgrounds and skill levels.
- Issues (features we're working on, known bugs, etc)
- Discussion forums (design ideas, planning releases)
- IRC growstuff channel (general chat, brainstorming and troubleshooting) or Gitter
- Wiki (general documentation, etc. Help by migrating from the old wiki)
- To set up your development environment, see Getting started.
- We encourage pair programming, especially for newer developers. Find a pair programming partner.
- Drop in to our discussion forums, IRC or Gitter to chat to other developers, get help, etc.
- You may also be interested in our API.
For designers, writers, researchers, data wranglers, and other contributors
There are heaps of ways to get involved and contribute no matter what your skills and interests.
You might like to check out:
- The Get Involved page on our wiki, which has lots of detail for different areas
- Growstuff Talk especially the Idea category
Here on Github, you might find these useful:
- needs: design - tasks requiring high-level design
- [needs: visual design](https://github.com/Growstuff/growstuff/labels/needs:%20visual design) - tasks requiring visual/graphical design
- needs: documentation
- needs: data - tasks requiring data entry, data design, data import, or similar
- curated:beginner - tasks that are ideal for beginner programmers or people new to the project
Feel free to comment on any of the issues you find there, or open up a broader conversation on Growstuff Talk.
For more information about this project, contact email@example.com.