To provide a optimal presentation of your post at the social networks after sharing, the SME is using the Open Graph Protocol (OGP) to include well formatted meta elements on every post.
Choose a style for the buttons and decide which network do you want to use.
Thanks to MrFloppy for the XING support
For a manual installation using FTP:
- Download the zip and extract it.
- Upload the directory
SocialMediaEnhancerto your WordPress Blog plugin folder at
- Activate this Plugin in the WordPress-Backend through the 'Plugins' screen.
- Visit the options page in WordPress to setup it up for your needs.
Version 2.0 in development!
- New: $post->socialInfo['shares'] shows the social shares without the comments on the blog post which is included in $post->socialInfo['shares'] (#30)
- Fixed: Prevent Warnings (#31)
- Fixed: Worked now properly with excerpt text (#24)
- Fixed: Social Counts
- Removed Photoshop files for faster updating
- New: Flat Design Buttons
- New: Default Image if a post has no thumbnail
- New: Optionen to display the Social Network name in a modern button
- New: Debug Mode. Activate it by adding this to your URL: ?smeDebug=true
- New: Using SASS/Compass to build the CSS
- New: Support for Pinterst Image Sharing (using the post thumbnail)
- New: Support for article:publisher (Facebook publisher relation)
- New: Support for link rel="publisher" (Google+ publisher relation)
- New: Support for meta twitter:site (Twitter publisher relation)
- Anhanced: Better Post Image Detection
- Fixed: Post Description is now used correctly
- added XING-Button in Style "button"
- external function to call sme staticly. Use
- function to disble open graph meta data
- added tracking of XING counts (by MrFloppy)
- added option to turn on XING support
- update icons for Google+, Facebook, Twitter
Initial Tracking of changes
- full support of LinkedIn, Pinterest and XING with sharing buttons
Copyright 2012-2013 David Maciejewski
GPLv2 or later http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html