- Enable full page caching using Varnish, a super fast caching HTTP reverse proxy.
- Varnish servers are configurable in Admin, under System / Configuration / General - Varnish Options
- Automatically clears (only) cached pages when products, categories and CMS pages are saved.
- Adds a new cache type in Magento Admin, under System / Cache Management and offers the possibility to deactivate the cache and refresh the cache.
- Notifies Admin users when a category navigation is saved and Varnish cache needs to be refreshed so that the menu will be updated for all pages.
- Turns off varnish cache automatically for users that have products in the cart or are logged in, etc.)
- Default varnish configuration offered so that the module is workable.
Screen shots: https://github.com/madalinoprea/magneto-varnish/wiki
Make sure you have modman installed:
curl http://module-manager.googlecode.com/files/modman-1.1.5 > modman chmod +x modman sudo mv modman /usr/bin
Clone the git repository:
cd [magento root folder] modman init modman magneto-varnish clone git://github.com/madalinoprea/magneto-varnish.git
In case you get an error that git is not found, you'll have to install git and rerun the last command. This can be done like this on Ubuntu:
sudo aptitude install git-core
- Flush Magento cache to enable the extension
Delete project checked under modman folder and clean created symlinks.
cd [magento root folder] rm -rf .modman/magneto-varnish modman clean
- Apache started and listening on port 81 (Varnish configuration is using this port)
- Varnish installed and listening on port 80; please use the config from repo
- Varnish servers configured in admin