Python based battleship game
I've always wanted to create my own battleship game, and figured it would be a good project for learning different facets of a new language.
10 x 10 game board
ships of sizes (5,4,3,3,2) - might have variations of this options to consider in gameplay
- fire 1 shot at a time or multiples, commonly 3 or 5?
- set number or decline as you lose ships?
- if it declines, base off of number of ships left or largest ship left?
- does hitting the enemy give you a free shot? even if playing with multiple shots?
- maybe option to only tell how many shot hit in salvo mode
- maybe optional rules preventing adjacent ship placement
- some versions announce near-misses (splashes)
- some versions do not announe that a ship was sunk
- some versions announce a sinking, but not which ship