This documents Made Tech Flavoured Clean Architecture which is an implementation of Robert C. Martin's Clean Architecture.
Learn by example (Ruby)
The best way to learn Clean Architecture is through deliberate practice.
- The Mindset
- Start with Acceptance Testing
- Writing Fake Gateways
- Use Cases organise your code
- Constructors are for collaborators
- Don't leak your internals!
- TDD everything
- Build in a reliable dependency upgrade path
- Your first Real Gateway
- Your first Delivery Mechanism
- Presenters are more flexible
- Keep your wiring DRY
- Extend Use Case behaviour with Domain objects
- Extracting a Use Case from a Use Case
- Consider the Actors
- Substitutable Use Cases
- Feature Toggles
- Keep your Domain object construction DRY
Examples in Languages
The Made Tech flavour is a bit more relaxed in some areas than Hexagonal Architecture but more prescriptive than the basics of Clean Architecture and, at this time, we only have documentation about Ruby.