How to run the blog locally
- Install Ruby and Bundle;
- Install Bower;
bundlein this directory;
- Fetch styles via
bundle exec jekyll serve --incrementalto view the blog on your local
- For the proper Typekit font: add
127.0.0.1 blog.madewithlove.devto your hostfile, and visit via
How to start writing your own content
Follow the steps above to run the blog locally. Then go read the example blog post on how the process of contributing your own blog post works.
3 elements to keep in mind:
- Have a clear point of view
- Should be non obvious or even counter intuitive.
- Have passion about your opinion.
- Cite evidence
- Show examples of success when following your advice, or failure when someone they didn’t. Show statistics if there are any.
- Display your awareness about the thinking around the topic, to reassure the reader that your contribution is meaningful.
- Engage audience with storytelling
- Think about who your audience will be before you start.
- Add anecdotes, quotes or references to popular culture.
- Your writing and vocabulary shouldn’t be too formal, don’t make it too hard to understand.