A NetBeans IDE plugin which adds Markdown support. This plugin provides basic syntax highlighting, HTML preview and HTML export when editing a Markdown document.
What is Markdown?
Markdown is a text-to-HTML conversion tool for web writers. Markdown allows you to write using an easy-to-read, easy-to-write plain text format, then convert it to structurally valid XHTML (or HTML).
For the time being the packaged plugin archives can be downloaded from Github:
You may also compile a binary yourself with the latest development code.
- git clone git://github.com/madflow/flow-netbeans-markdown.git
- Open the folder with NetBeans (Open Project)
- (Configure Target Platform if needed)
- Choose "Create NBM" from the project menu
- Install the plugin with: Tools -> Plugins -> Downloaded
- NetBeans >= 8.0
- "NetBeans Plugin Development" plugin must be installed if you want to compile your own binary package.
- Adds Markdown to your "New File" wizard
- Provides basic syntax highlighting
- Provides code folding based on headers
- Provides bread crumbs in the editor based on headers
- Provides a table of contents in the Navigator window
- Enables full fledged preview in the editor window
- Exports your saved file content to an HTML document
- Enables HTML preview of your saved file in your configured web browser
- Lets you customize the HTML output with CSS and alien intelligence (Options->Miscellaneous->Markdown->HTML Export)
- Supports multiple extensions over standard markdown (see PegDown, Options->Miscellaneous->Markdown->Extensions)
- Supports auto operations(additoin and removal) for lists (Options->Miscellaneous->Markdown->Miscellaneous)
- Florian Reiss https://github.com/madflow/
- junichi11 https://github.com/junichi11
- Holger Stenger https://github.com/stengerh/
Contributions are always welcome and greatly appreciated!