Would like to thank gmate
My Gedit Settings
These are the plugins, snippets, styles I am using with gedit which makes my development much easier.
Just run the install.sh. It will copy all the plugins and snippets to ~/gnome2/gedit/ Language specs are copied to gtksourceview folder (~/.local/share/gtksourceview-2.0/language-specs/) Once you have run the install file, restart your gedit.
- Gedit Open File. Regex based file open (like textmate Go to file…).
- Reopen Tabs. Saves opened tabs on exit to restore them on next run.
- Word Completion. Word completion plugin.
- align. Lets you arrange blocks of text into columns easily and quickly
- completion. Complete words with the enter key
- filebrowser. Easy file access from the side pane
- terminal. Gives an option to open terminal on right click
- snippets. Insert often-used pieces of text in a fast way
- gedit_openfiles. Opens files by search terms
- reopen-tabs. Saves opened tabs on exit to restore them on next run
- smart_highlight. Highlighing all occerences of the selected text.
- pair_char_completion. Automatically insert closing quotes and parenthesis
- tabswitch. Allows to ctrl+tab-switch between documents
Note: All plugins are enabled by default.
Language specs and Mime Types
- Basic YAML Syntax Highlight
- CoffeeScript Syntax Highlight
- ColdFusion Syntax Highlight
- Cucumber Syntax Highlight
- Groovy and gsp Support (Included bundle created by Aaron Eischeid)
- HAML Syntax Highlight
- Markdown Syntax Highlight
- reStructuredText Syntax Highlight
- rhtml/erb Syntax Highlight
- Ruby on Rails improvements
- SASS Syntax Highlight
- JSON Syntax highlight
- Jade syntax highlight
- Railscasts Improved