A fast and simple streaming zip file downloader for PHP. Using this library will save you from having to write the Zip to disk. You can directly send it to the user, which is much faster. It can work with S3 buckets or any PSR7 Stream.
Please see the LICENSE file for licensing and warranty information.
Simply add a dependency on maennchen/zipstream-php to your project's composer.json file if you use Composer to manage the dependencies of your project. Use following command to add the package to your project's dependencies:
composer require maennchen/zipstream-php
Usage and options
Here's a simple example:
# Autoload the dependencies require 'vendor/autoload.php'; # enable output of HTTP headers $options = new ZipStream\Option\Archive(); $options->setSendHttpHeaders(true); # create a new zipstream object $zip = new ZipStream\ZipStream('example.zip', $options); # create a file named 'hello.txt' $zip->addFile('hello.txt', 'This is the contents of hello.txt'); # add a file named 'some_image.jpg' from a local file 'path/to/image.jpg' $zip->addFileFromPath('some_image.jpg', 'path/to/image.jpg'); # add a file named 'goodbye.txt' from an open stream resource $fp = tmpfile(); fwrite($fp, 'The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.'); rewind($fp); $zip->addFileFromStream('goodbye.txt', $fp); fclose($fp); # finish the zip stream $zip->finish();
You can also add comments, modify file timestamps, and customize (or disable) the HTTP headers. It is also possible to specify the storage method when adding files, the current default storage method is 'deflate' i.e files are stored with Compression mode 0x08.
See the Wiki for details.
The native Mac OS archive extraction tool might not open archives in some conditions. A workaround is to disable the Zip64 feature with the option
$opt->setEnableZip64(false). This limits the archive to 4 Gb and 64k files but will allow Mac OS users to open them without issue. See #116.
Upgrade to version 2.0.0
- Only the self opened streams will be closed (#139) If you were relying on ZipStream to close streams that the library didn't open, you'll need to close them yourself now.
Upgrade to version 1.0.0
- All options parameters to all function have been moved from an
arrayto structured option objects. See the wiki for examples.
- The whole library has been refactored. The minimal PHP requirement has been raised to PHP 7.1.
Usage with Symfony and S3
You can find example code on the wiki.
ZipStream-PHP is a collaborative project. Please take a look at the CONTRIBUTING.md file.
About the Authors
- Paul Duncan email@example.com - http://pablotron.org/
- Jonatan Männchen firstname.lastname@example.org - http://commanders.ch
- Jesse G. Donat email@example.com - https://donatstudios.com
- Nicolas CARPi firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.elabftw.net
- Nik Barham email@example.com - https://www.brokencube.co.uk
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute].
Become a financial contributor and help us sustain our community. [Contribute]
Support this project with your organization. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Contribute]