Abandoned Cart Email
Cart abandonment is an action that consumers leave the website after adding a product to their virtual cart. Discount codes, Exit offers, and Security badges are some of the ways you can keep customers from recovering their carts.
Magento 2 Abandoned Cart Email extension will help you solve this problem. This extension assists you determine which cart is having forgotten products, from those initial crumbs to send reminders, or be possible to send discounts to help shoppers easily recover their shopping cart and complete the checkout, which will absolutely skyrocket the value of orders, sales, profits for the store
*Note: * Mageplaza Abandoned Cart Email is totally compatible with Mageplaza SMTP extension * The extension supports and keeps track of logged customers or entered emails by visitors when they're in the checkout page * The module will be run depend on the Cronjob configuration
How to configure
1.1 General Configuration
Stores > Settings > Configuration > Mageplaza Extensions > Abandoned Cart Email then click on
- Enabled: select “Yes” to enable Mageplaza Abandoned Cart Email extension
- Email: This section is for the abandoned cart reminder email settings
- Click the
Addbutton to add a reminder email
- Send After to change the email delivery time. The counting will be started from the last updated cart time, a reminder email will be sent to customers.
- Click the
- In the Sender to choose sender’s entitle. You will have 5 choices: General Contact, Sales Representative, Customer Support, Email Custom 1, Custom 2 Email
- In the Email Template column, you can find some pre-made email templates. Otherwise, you can customize your own template by creating a new one at sidebar
Marketing > Email Template. The newly created template will automatically appear in this section
- Has coupon is an optional selection. Choose “Yes” to submit a discount code. Coupon installation will be instructed later in 1.3 Coupon
- Click the trash can icon to delete a email
- Click the Send test icon to send a test email. To send a test mail successfully, admin has to provide at least one email address in the field
Send Test Email to. This feature is available for multi-stores also.
Send Test Email To: This field is required only for the sending test email purpose. To guarantee that customers' data will not be leaked, only the most recent abandoned cart's information which belongs to a guest can be sent to this test email.
Google Analytics is integrated with Mageplaza Abandoned Cart extension. Go to
Stores > Settings > Configuration > Mageplaza Extensions > Abandoned Cart Email and click on Analytics.
- In the Enabled field: Select “Yes” to use Google Analytics tool. Then, the Source, Medium, Name, Term, Content items will be displayed automatically
- In the Source field: the data of Source will appear in the Link back to Cart if it’s available. If you leave it blank, Source on frontend won’t be displayed.
- In the Medium field: the data of Medium will appear in the Link back to Cart if it’s available. If you leave it blank, Medium on frontend won’t be displayed
- In the Name field: data of Name will appear in the Link back to Cart if it’s available. If you leave it blank, Name on frontend won’t be displayed
- In the Term field: the data of Term will appear in the Link back to Cart if it’s available. If you leave it blank, Term on frontend won’t be displayed
- In the Content field: the data of Content will appear in the Link back to Cart if it’s available. If you leave it blank, Content on frontend won’t be displayed
Stores > Settings > Configuration > Mageplaza Extensions > Abandoned Cart Email and click on Coupon.
- In the Rule field: choose a principle to generate a discount code
- Only those rules that are activated and generated automatically will be displayed in the configuration
- How to create rules in Marketing > Cart Price Rules guide can be found here
- In the Valid field: Where to change expiration date of a discount code
- The discount code is only used during the time set since the code was created
- Time will be counted in hour(s)
- Discount code can’t be applied if this section is blank
- In the Code Length field: set the length of discount code. Code length does not include Prefix, Suffix, and Separators
- In the Code Format field, you can choose 3 formats for code:
- Alphanumeric: Code consists of letters and numbers
- Alphabetical: The code consists only of letters of the alphabet
- Numeric: The code consists of digits from 0 to 9 only
- In the Code Prefix field: Add the prefix of the code in this section. Discount code won’t contain a prefix if the Code Prefix is left blank
- In the Code Suffix field: Add the suffix of the code in this section. Discount code won’t contain a suffix if the Code Suffix is left blank
- In the Dash Every X Character field: Between each X, there will be the number of characters in the Code set in this part.
An example of the Abandoned Cart Email sent to a customer
Marketing > Abandoned Cart Email > Report. This is the place where archives the number of Abandoned Carts, the number of Abandoned Carts sent, the number of failed Abandoned Carts and the number of Abandoned Carts that were recovered in a period of time. There are two Report Time modes:
This is the place archiving abandoned cart emails which have been sent, including their ID, Subject, Receiver, Coupon, Sequent Number, Sent, Status (Sent / Error) and Action (Preview / Delete, Send Again)
Action = Delete: the selected emails will be deleted. You can choose multiple emails at the same time
Action = Send Again: the selected email will be sent to customers again. This email has the same content as the selected email
Clear Logs button: Click the Clear Logs button to quickly delete all the emails stored in the logs. The next email’s ID has nothing to do with the deleted one