GDPR principle was created to protect customer data. In a nutshell, GDPR establishes a clear set of rules about which regulations businesses can operate in relation to the process of executing customer data. With these new rules, boundaries are easier to understand for both businesses and consumers, which will facilitate earning money and retain customer loyalty.
In order to capture the EU data protection standards, Mageplaza has released a new extension for this standard. That's the GDPR module. Magento 2 GDPR module will assist you to delete customer data permanently, to ensure your GDPR regulation compliance.
How to Configure
From the Admin Panel, go to
Store > Settings > Configuration > Mageplaza Extensions > GDPR
Check in General to learn the basic configuration of the module
- In the Enable field: Choose "Yes" to turn the module on.
- In the Allow Delete Customer Account: Choose "Yes" to allow customers can delete their account by themselves.
- In the Delete message field
- Enter the message displayed when customers are going to delete their account.
- Custom message is supported by HTML code.
- In the Allow Delete Default Address field: Choose "Yes" to allow customers to delete their default address.
- In the Allow password verification field:
- Choose Yes to use this feature
- When customers want to remove their account, they need to enter the password correctly to delete the account successfully.
- In the Show Customer Register Term and Condition: Select Yes to show the Term and Condition when customers create a new account.
- In the GDPR Checkbox Title field: Enter the title that is displayed in the checkbox in the Term and Condition section.
- In the Term and Condition field:
- Allow editing the display content of the GDPR policy or use the default content of Mageplaza
- Support HTML code
II. Anonymise Account Configuration
- In the Allow Delete Abandoned Cart field: Choose "Yes" to delete abandoned cart when customers delete their accounts.
- In the Allow anonymizing account in billing document field:
- Choose "Yes" to anonymize Billing Address, Shipping Address of the customer after he deletes his account.
- Anonymized information will be encrypted and displayed as a random character string.
- In the Anonymise Account Firstname Value field:
- Enter Firstname value that you want to replace it with the customer's Firstname value.
- If you leave the field blank, Firstname will be encrypted and displayed as a string of 10 random characters.
- Firstname value will be displayed in orders, invoices, shipments and credit memos.
- In the Anonymise Account Lastname Value field:
- Enter Lastname value that you want to replace it with the customer's Lastname value.
- If you leave the field blank, Lastname will be encrypted and displayed as a string of 10 random characters.
- Lastname value will be displayed in orders, invoices, shipments and credit memos.
- In the Anonymise Account Email Value field:
- Enter Email value that you want to replace it with the customer's Email value.
- If you leave the field blank, Email will be encrypted and displayed as a string of 10 random characters.
- Email value will be displayed in orders, invoices, shipments and credit memos.
- In the Allow Anonymise Address Option In Order Processing field:
- Choose "Yes" to anonymize information in billing, shipping address.
- You can choose to hide one or more information from the address optionally.
- Anonymized information will be encrypted as a random character string.
- In the Allow Anonymise Address Option field:
- Allow hiding one or more information in the address field.
- The selected information will be hidden when the customers delete the account.
The information will be hidden in the order when customers remove their account.
III. Cookie Restriction
- In the Enable Cookie Restriction Mode field: Choose "Yes" to restrict the cookie using of Magento 2.
- Customers need to confirm their consent in cookie using policies to be able to sign in, or add the product to their Wishlist.
- A warning popup box will be displayed if customers don't accept the policy
- In the Cookie Text Message field:
- Enter the content of the suggest message to let them consider whether or not to allow cookies using.
- HTML code is supported.
Learn moreof Cookie Text Message.
- In the Button Label field: Enter the name of the button in Cookie Text Message (default is "Allow Cookies")
- In the Custom CSS field: You can freely customize the cookie displaying.
IV. Email Configuration
- In the Enable Email Confirmation field:
- Choose Yes to send the email confirmation when customers remove the account.
- Customers only need to click to the link in their email and login to verify that deleting the account is completed.
- Select an email template used to confirm before deleting the account:
- Allow choosing the confirmation email template to send to the customers.
- Ability to design or add a new template by going to
Marketing > Email Templates.
- In the Sender Email field: Allow choosing the email sender.
Below is the content of the email: