BOOST enhanced boilerplate framework
BOOST is a Boilerplate framework that's kind of a best of everything that I find useful. There's a responsive grid (inspired by the 1kbgrid), form styling and many other useful bits and pieces.
- 27/02/2012 - Improve typography based on calculations from http://gridlover.net, add some more mixins
- 18/01/2012 - Added centred columns to the grid
- 15/01/2012 - Massive overhaul of the CSS; now LESS is used for everything. I added a new grid system, adapted from the 1kbgrid & Zurb's Foundation grid & LOADS more
- 26/11/2011 - Fairly major update: Separated boost.css into component parts for better manageability
BOOST uses the 'mobile-first' methodology & to find out more, please read the excellent post 'Mobile First' by Luke Wroblewski at http://www.lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?933
There are some nifty calculations (by LESS) for the Boost grid that make creating your own grid setup ridiculously easy. If you're not happy with the structure that I created, please visit http://grid.mindplay.dk & use the tool there to create your own version of the grid.
- Mixture of '320 and up' & HTML5 Boilerplate.
- example.html has almost every element
- jQuery Geneology
- imgsizer.js - better responsive images in Internet Explorer (Find out more: http://unstoppablerobotninja.com/entry/fluid-images/)
- dd_belatedpng.js - transparent png support in IE6
- Add form validation markup, styling & js
- Add carousel markup & styles
- Output each LESS file into its own CSS file