This AIR Native Extension uses .NET to transcode
BitmapData objects into .bmp, .jpg, and .png formats much faster than existing ActionScript or Alchemy methods.
FREImageProcessor- A Visual C++ 2010 Express project which contains the native code.
ImageProcessor- A Flash Builder Library project for exposing an API to the native code in ActionScript.
ImageProcessorTest- A sample Flash Builder project which uses the extension to encode an image.
- Batch files, so you don't have to use the command line.
- All intermediate files, so you don't have to compile everything yourself.
- Visual C++ 2010 Express
- AIR 3 SDK from Adobe Labs
- Flash Builder 4
The project contains some placeholder files that I cannot include in the repository because they are copyrighted by Adobe. After checking out the project, you need to:
Now that everything is setup, you can try compiling everything yourself.
FREImageProcessor/FREImageProcessor.slnin Visual C++ 2010
- Build the .dll (F7)
ImageProcessorinto Flash Builder
- Build the .swc (Ctrl + B)
- Open the .swc with a .zip editor, and extract library.swf to the same folder as the .swc
- Build the .ane (run
ImageProcessorTestinto Flash Builder
- Build the .swf (Ctrl + B)
- Build the .exe (run
- If everything was successful, you can run the .exe and click the stage to encode a JPEG. It will be saved to