This branch is a beta development branch. For productive environments use the current rubygems version, or the latest stable branch (2.2-stable).
Alchemy is a Rails 3 CMS with a flexible content storing architecture.
- Highly flexible Templating
- Gorgious End-User centric interface
- Access Control
- Fulltext Search
- RSS Feeds
- Attachments and downloads
- Powerfull image rendering
- Integrates in exsiting Rails Apps
- BSD License
- Hostable on any Server that supports RubyOnRails and ImageMagick (Software Requirements)
This version of Alchemy runs with Rails 3.2.6+.
If you are looking for a Rails 3.1 compatible version check the 2.2-stable branch.
If you are looking for a Rails 3.0 compatible version check the 2.0-stable branch.
If you are looking for a Rails 2.3 compatible version check the 1.6-stable branch.
Alchemy runs under Ruby 1.8.7, Ruby 1.9.2, Ruby 1.9.3 and REE (Ruby Enterprise Edition).
Use the installer (recommended):
gem install alchemy_cms --pre alchemy new my_magicpage
Start the local server:
Then just switch to your browser and open
Projects running with Alchemy CMS version < 2.1 needs to be upgraded.
Otherwise errors will be raised like this:
uninitialized constant EssenceText
You have to use the following Upgrade-Task. Run in terminal:
In your Gemfile:
gem 'alchemy_cms', :github => 'magiclabs/alchemy_cms'
Run in terminal:
bundle install rake alchemy:install:migrations rake db:migrate rake alchemy:db:seed
This generator creates all necessary folders and files needed for creating your own page layouts and elements for your website:
rails generate alchemy:scaffold
If you use the ferret full text search (enabled by default), then please add a job to your crontab that reindexes the ferret index.
cd /path/to/your/alchemy && RAILS_ENV=production rake ferret:rebuild_index > /dev/null
You can easily create your element files (for view and editor) depending on the
elements.ymlwith this generator:
rails generate alchemy:elements --skip
- Homepage: http://alchemy-cms.com
- Live-Demo: http://demo.alchemy-cms.com (user: demo, password: demo)
- Wiki: http://wiki.alchemy-cms.com
- API Documentation: http://api.alchemy-cms.com
- Issue-Tracker: http://issues.alchemy-cms.com
- Sourcecode: http://source.alchemy-cms.com
- User Group: http://groups.google.com/group/alchemy-cms
- Thomas von Deyen: https://github.com/tvdeyen
- Robin Böning: https://github.com/robinboening
- Marc Schettke: https://github.com/masche842
- Carsten Fregin: https://github.com/cfregin