The SAFE Mobile Browser is a cross-platform mobile (Android, iOS) browser, built to provide web browsing experience to the users on the SAFE Network.
To read more about the SAFE Mobile Browser release, including instructions on how to try it out on an iOS device, see the related forum post for this release.
- Add version change buttons in the navigation bar to navigate between the different versions of a web page.
- Update to use new
InspectAPI to get the web pages from the SAFE network.
- Update to show the files list from the
FilesContainerwhen the url doesn't contain an
- Update to use the authentication from the SAFE Authenticator app.
- Update to support Android 10 and update minimum supported platforms.
- Add pull to refesh feature.
- Remove bookmarks UI and logic.
- Remove Alpha-2 related code.
- Add additional session related checks to ensure less undefined behaviour.
- Multiple bug fixes, UI and performance improvements.
- Update CI to auto create a draft GitHub release on version change PR.
We would like to make you aware of a couple of known issues with this release:
- Unable to connect to vaults on Android API versions less than 26.
We intend to support access on Android from v5.0 API 21 on the SAFE Authenticator, and v5.1 API 22 on the SAFE Browser, however we are aware of an issue on Android v7.1.2 (API 25) and below, where the new SAFE Authenticator is unable to connect to a vault. See here to track logged issue.
- Authenticating the browser via Android switches the Authenticator back to it's login screen.
Although the SAFE Authenticator is logged in, when a user clicks to authenticate the SAFE Browser they are returned to the login page of the SAFE Authenticator. Clicking to allow the Browser request still works, the user does not need to log in again, but this may be confusing. See here to track logged issue.
APK checksum 17b21ea6d9db72edc7c589d0ad89624eac8d35847bde29d57db1e8c58638ee75 IPA checksum 2354c8c42bc6923cf5fde205647b5809dbe3551e1c31b9ecef42a0df95b86933