This extension is discontinued
In order to get the same functionality with extra actions get the extension PowerBI Actions
Publish PowerBI file is a Build and Release Task for within your Build / Release pipeline.
With this tasks you can publish a PowerBI file or multiple files to a specific group within powerbi.com.
Within the task multiple parameters need to be specified:
- Source File: The location of the PowerBI file can be a search query "*.pbix".
- Username: The name of the user that will publish the file.
- Password: The password of the user that will publish the file. This value should be saved as a secured variable.
- ClientId: The ClientId of the application that has access to the PowerBI API.
- Overwrite: Checkbox for specifying if the PowerBI report should be overwritten.
- GroupName: The groupname were the file should be published to.
In order to make this extension work a application should be created with access to the PowerBI api. Besides that you should have a user that has access to the application your specified in Azure Active Directory.
Azure Active Directory Application
For the documentation check the Wiki.
When you like the extension please leave a review. File a issues when you have suggestions or problems with the extension.
|1.2.0||Fixed issues and some minor changes|
|1.2.4||Extension discontinued use extension "PowerBI Actions" instead https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=maikvandergaag.maikvandergaag-power-bi-actions|
|1.2.5||Integrated in CI & CD for patching when nessary|