- Name : GURU
- Remote Centre ID : 1238
- College / Institute Name : Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology
- City, State, Pin Code : Delhi, Delhi, 110086
- Name/’s of the Student : Dr. Namita Gupta and Mr. Alok Kumar Sharma, Team Members : Ankit Popli, Arpit Goel, Abhinesh Kaushik, Vageesh Vyas, Mahima Kukreja
6. About (Short Description / Summary): This project aims to build an android application for AAKASH TABLET. As we all know, tablets and smart phones have become an essential element of our lives these days. And most of the students use these mainly for playing games. So to use Aakash Tablet and smart phones in a constructive way, we are proposing this app. This app will make the classroom learning more interesting. It will be very helpful to teachers and lecturers as they can conduct a multiple choice question test quickly during each lecture. This app will also be helpful for students as they would listen to each lecture attentively and would come to know about their weaknesses by the score of their test. The teacher can analyze the performance of students on per-question basis using bargraphs, piecharts, stacked bargraphs, line graphs and textual summary. If large number of students fail to answer the same question correctly, the teacher would come to know that he/she needs to explain the same topic again in the next lecture. This would ensure that students do not leave their preparation for the last minute and discourage the practice of rote learning before exams. The teacher can also view individual results of each student. Each student can attempt the quiz only once by entering his roll no. in the application. In this app, the teacher will create quiz on his/her tablet or will import the quiz created by him/her on the desktop. The quiz files are in xml format. These files are sent to the tablets of students using Wi-Net software. The students attempt the quiz before the timer ends and submit the quiz to teacher. Again the answer files of students are sent to the teacher using Wi-net. The student can also see their own result and check the correct answers. The teacher can view the cumulative performance of students using various statistical graphs. Since the Aakash tablet doesn’t have a Bluetooth, it is very difficult to share data between two devices without an USB connection. Thus a separate module called “Wi-Net” was made. Wi-Net allows us to share data through the Wi-Fi, thus overcoming the shortcomings of the tablet not having a Bluetooth. Through Wi-Net, user can connect to another device having Wi-Fi and share media (files, songs, images etc), and contacts of the photo gallery. Unlike other applications available, the application Wi-Net doesn’t require a central hub or router to make connection with other devices. This module Wi-Net is capable of converting one’s own device as a hotspot, where several devices can connect to it and communicate with each other. We don’t need an external router to communicate with other devices.
7. Install (Installation procedure): 1. Open directory where you copied '|GURUR|.apk'. 2. Click the file to install the application. 3. Click 'OK' in the requirements dialogue box to continue with installation process. 4. Wait till application installs. 5. Click 'Open Application' to run the application.
- Usage (add instruction on how to use the app, or you can redirect to External link if you have one):-
1. Create a new quiz. 1. Click 'Create Quiz' button main screen of the application. 2. Enter details of the quiz, like Author name, time limit,password etc. 3. Click 'Start Creating Quiz' to add questions. 4. Add details of the question and select the appropriate answer. A can have more than one answers, but must have an answer. 5. Click the plus(+) sign to save current question and add a new question. 6. Click the floppy sign to save the question. 2. Attempting the quiz. 1. Click 'Start Quiz' button main screen of the application. 2. Select the quiz you would like to attempt. 3. Read the information about the quiz and click 'Start Quiz' to make an attempt. 4. Click checkboxes to select your answer. 5. Click the arrows, next to 'Submit' button to navigate or select question number from the list about question. 6. Click the 'Submit' button to end the quiz and view your result. 3. Broadcasting Quiz. 1. Click 'Start Quiz' button main screen of the application. 2. Select the quiz you would like to broadcast and long press it until an menu pop-ups. 3. Select 'Broadcast Quiz' to broadcast quiz. 4. Enter the password you entered while creating the quiz. 4. View Result. 1. Click 'Start Quiz' button main screen of the application. 2. Select the quiz you would like to view result of and long press it until an menu pop-ups. 3. Select 'View Result' to view the result of the quiz. 4. Enter the password you entered while creating the quiz.
9. Contact (email id or mailing list link/google-group):- 1. firstname.lastname@example.org 2. email@example.com 3. firstname.lastname@example.org 4. email@example.com 5. firstname.lastname@example.org 6. email@example.com 7. firstname.lastname@example.org
- License (GNU GPL version 3 with link to full license on gnu.org site.): http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html