Invoke-Build is a build and test automation tool which invokes tasks defined in PowerShell v2.0+ scripts. It is similar to psake but arguably easier to use and more powerful. It is complete, bug free, well covered by tests.
- Incremental tasks with effectively processed inputs and outputs.
- Persistent builds which can be resumed after interruptions.
- Parallel builds in separate workspaces with common stats.
- Batch invocation of tests composed as tasks.
- Ability to define new classes of tasks.
Invoke-Build can invoke the current task from a build script being composed in ISE and VSCode, see Invoke-TaskFromISE.ps1 and Invoke-TaskFromVSCode.ps1.
Invoke-Build can be used as the task runner in VSCode with tasks maintained in a PowerShell build script instead of tasks.json, see New-VSCodeTask.ps1.
Invoke-Build v3.0.1 is cross-platform with PowerShell v6.0.0-alpha.
- This package includes
Invoke-Build.ArgumentCompleterssupportive scripts. To setup launch profile in VSCode for build.ps1 files, use the following script path in
- Its recommended to include the following in your PowerShell
sal ib Invoke-Build & $env:ChocolateyInstall\lib\invoke-build\tools\Invoke-Build.ArgumentCompleters.ps1