Subtask Shuffle - Jira Issue Imports
This is a simple set of CSV manipulation scripts to support a large jira project import.
- CSV Header Row Required
- Add Parent ID amd Issue ID columns per standard Atlassian doc
- The CSV library seems to handle most encodings well
- See config points for files at top of each script.
- IssueIDNumbering.rb - 1st step, setup Issue ID column, every issuetype that is not a "Sub-task" category of of issuetype
- Subtasker.rb - 2nd step, iterates though each issue in export, if it has listed sub-tasks, those are found, their Parent ID column updated, and written out.
- NotSubtask.rb - 3rd step, dump out everything that isn't a subtask.
- Lastly, combine two output files (if you import everything at once order won't matter. If you have to chunk the import into segements I would do subtasks last.)
- Sitepoint Ruby CSV library article by Darko