TimeHive is a open-source webbased timesheet/time tracking software developed with PHP (Symfony Framework)
Client: The current development version of TimeHive is only tested with Firefox browsers. There is no guarantee that it work with other browsers at the moment. Server: Every webserver with PHP 5.2.x or higher should be capable to run TimeHive.
There will be a hosted version of TimeHive in the future.
TimeHive is only available in english and german at the moment. Let me know if you want to help with translating to other languages.
At the moment there is no installation automatic process to help you doing a proper installation of Timehive. For now you have to do the following steps manually
- Get your copy of TimeHive via GitHub (https://github.com/thaberkern/timehive)
- Copy the sourcecode to one of your Webservers.
- Create a virtual host with the web-directory as the root-folder
- Rename the config/databases.yml.dist to config/databases.yml. Open the file and change the database-settings under prod: to fit your needs
- Rename the config/app.yml.dist to config/app.yml. Open the file an change the e-mail-settings (smtp)
Fire up a console window to setup the database structure. For that run the following command
$> php symfony doctrine:migrate --env=prod
Edit the following database tables
- type: unlimited
- name: Your organisation name
- workdays: 31
- account_id: 1
- password: MD5!
- administrator: 1
If you want to use automatic reminder E-Mails you need to add the following command to a cronjob (Once a day, for example at 22:00 o'clock)
php symfony timehive:check-missing-bookings --env=prod --application=frontend
You are done! Open your browser and log in :)