Elucidata - A visual way of browsing through data repositories
This project was developed as part of GovHack 2013 by a team from MakeHackVoid including Brenda Moon, Cameron Moon, Megan Byrne, Alistair D'Silva, Jessica Smith, Ra Inta, Max Bainrot and John Aslanides.
Our GovHack project page is http://hackerspace.govhack.org/?q=groups/elucidata
The system consists of two major components, the backend which gathers the data and the frontend that allows users to explore it.
It is intended that the backend will automatically check the repositories as needed to insure that the versioning information that is stored on our cache is of the most current date and time.
A live demo of Elucidata can be found at elucidata.makehackvoid.com
- The current version only implements csv parsing. We intend to expand it to include all of the text and location based datafiles on data.gov.au.
- because there is not yet any location based data, maps haven't been fully implemented in the front end
- checking for updates to datasets and updating their information has not been implemented
- we plan to have a demo site running soon and will add the url to this document.
In order to run the backend you will need to install the following on your computer
- python modules (see pip_requirements.txt)
Copyright 2013 Make, Hack, Void Inc Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.