create and publish your first ruby gem
- clone/fork/download the project
- find and replace in all the files:
- 'Mygem' with 'Yourgem'
- 'mygem' with 'yourgem'
- add real functionalities to the gem (very optional :p)
- edit yourgem.gemspec (remember to add other files if you need to)
- gem build yourgem.gemspec
gem install yourgem-0.0.1.gem
irb> require 'yourgem'
- gem push yourgem-x.y.z.gem
- gem install yourgem
easy as that!
ps. remember to put the gems you're requiring in the Gemfile
pps. you also have a Rakefile with bundler setup with a task!
"hi! I'm a simple rake task."