AlexaPi (the new & awesome version)
This is a client for Amazon's Alexa service. It is intended and tested to run on a wide range of platforms, such as Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, CHIP and ordinary Linux desktops.
NOTE: This is a new generation of the project under
heavy some development. There can be a few glitches, but it's definitely ready to use if you're an advanced user.
You will need:
- A Linux box
- a Raspberry Pi and an SD Card with a fresh install of Raspbian
- or an Orange Pi with Armbian
- or pretty much any up-to-date Linux system
- Audio peripherals
- external speaker with 3.5mm Jack
- USB Sound Dongle and microphone
- (optional) (Raspberry Pi) a push button connected between GPIO 18 and GND (configurable)
- (optional) (Raspberry Pi) a dual colour LED (or 2 single LEDs) connected to GPIO 24 & 25 (configurable)
Issues / Bugs / Documentation / etc.
If your AlexaPi isn't running on startup, crashes or your audio input / output isn't working, be sure to check out:
- our Documentation Wiki - the sections with debugging in their name are your friends!
- our Issue Tracker
or chat with us at gitter.im/alexa-pi/Lobby.