webtrees 2 standard theme enhancements version 1.0.2
The custom.css file contains enhancements for all webtrees standard themes.
The goal of these changes is for better large screen space utilize as well a improved mobile support.
Style changes are for webtrees 2.
For a preview see skatekey.net
There are three ways to use these style changes for webtrees.
- Option 1 - If you only want these changes to apply to one theme then copy the "contents" of the custom.css to the end of the specific style sheet, located in /public/css.
- Option 2 - Use the styles in custom.css in all standard webtrees themes - Note tested for release 2.0.3 as of 18 March 2020
- There are several steps necessary in order to use a custom.css file in the 2.0 version of webtrees
- Step 1 - copy this style sheet (custom.css) into folder /public/css
- Step 2 - Go to Control panel / All Modules and enable module CSS and JSS and then do a save
- Step 3 - Go to Control panel / All Modules and select the wrench [Preferences] for CSS and JSS
- Step 4 - Add this line in the first "head" text box (note use absolute address not relative)
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://your-site/public/css/custom.css">
- Option 3 - Install these changes as a webtrees 2 module.
- Step 1 - download the custom-css.zip file
- Step 2 - unzip the contents into the modules_v4 folder
- Step 3 - rename the folder custom-css.disable to custom-css
- Note: Be sure to clear your browser cache after these changes - Chrome Shift+F5, Firefox F5
- Copyright (C) 2020 webtrees development team
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.