Gender detector is a Python library for guessing a person's gender by his/her first name. This library is based on [beauvoir](https://github.com/jeremybmerrill/beauvoir) with support for United States, United Kingdom, Argentina and Uruguay.
This is still in beta stages, use with precaution
© 2014 Marcos Vanetta. Available under GPL2 License. See LICENSE.
- UK, from OpenGenderTracking project
- US, from OpenGenderTracking project
- AR, from Names query site from the goverment of the City of Buenos Aires. this is a small sample, use with precaution!.
- UY, from Civil registry) in Montevideo. Same as in AR, Use with precaution!
How to use it
Nothing too fancy, just install:
pip install gender-detector
from gender_detector import GenderDetector detector = GenderDetector('us') # It can also be ar, uk, uy. detector.guess('Marcos') # => 'male'
- Add information about statistics
- Better datasets