Copyright (c) 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 Ricardo Gladwell, Hugo Josefson, Anthony Dannane, Mykola Nikishov, Raphael Ackermann, Csaba Kozák, and Sonatype Inc.. All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License 1.0 which accompanies this distribution
For instructions on how to get started using the m2e-android please see the project web site.
Special thanks to our patrons who crowdfunded project development through Patreon:
- Raphael Ackermann
- George Baker.
Before you start you need to:
- Install the Android SDK.
ANDROID_HOMEenvironment variable containing the Android SDK install path.
- Ensure you have the latest update on the Android SDK (execute
android update sdk --no-ui --obsolete --force)
- Install Maven 3 for command line Tycho support.
- Install the Maven Android SDK Deployer
To build execute the following commands from within the project folder:
$ mvn --file org.sonatype.aether/pom.xml install $ mvn install
This section details how to set-up your Eclipse development environment to make code changes to the m2e-android code base:
- Install Eclipse Luna.
- Install latest Android Development Tools.
- Install Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment.
- Install M2E Plugin.
- In Eclipse select Help -> Install new software... and go to the m2eclipse update site.
- Un-check the Group items by category check box.
- You should now see the "m2e - Extensions Development Support (Optional)" plugin.
- Select, install and restart Eclipse.
The m2e-android project is made up of several sub-modules: the parent POM project, the core plugin, a test suite, an Android tools plugin, the feature project and an update site project.
To clone them into your Eclipse workspace follow these steps:
- Clone this git repository into your local workspace.
- In Eclipse select File -> Import... in the menu and then select Maven -> Existing Maven Projects.
- Choose the parent folder you just cloned into your workspace (should be m2e-android), select all sub projects and click Finish
- If you get a "Plugin exception not covered by lifecycle configuration" error in your POM click "Discover new m2e connectors" which should allow you to install the Tycho configurator.
- Mark all new projects in the Package Explorer and right-click on them to select Team -> Share Project.
- Select Git and click Next.
- Check the Use or create Repository in parent folder of project and click Finish.
For more information on developing the m2e-android plug-in please see the following: