Tracing Transactions Across Cryptocurrency Ledgers
This is the source code used in the research paper:
Tracing Transactions Across Cryptocurrency Ledgers Haaroon Yousaf, George Kappos, Sarah Meiklejohn Usenix Security 2019 https://arxiv.org/abs/1810.12786
All authors are supported by the EUH2020 TITANIUM project under grant agreement number 740558.
Please read this
readme.md from start to finish before attempting
any of this analysis.
- Storage space to process upto 8 block chains worth of data (or space required for the block chains being analysed)
- Access to powerful machines or Amazon EC2
- Clone this repository
- Python 3.6
- Install requirements.txt
- BlockSci https://github.com/citp/BlockSci
As this analysis looks at tracing transactions across ledgers, primarily focusing on data obtained from the ShapeShift API, it is necessary for user to have such data, or data in the same format, before proceeding
Each section has its own folder. Each folder has its own instructions in a readme.md file.
- ShapeShift Data Collection, 1-Scraper
- Short data example, 2-TxPerdayGraph
- Parsing Blockchain Data, 3-BlockchainParsing
- Identifying Blockchain Transactions and passthrough, 4-IdentifyingTransactions
- Clustering heuristics, 5-ClusteringHeuristics
- Case study, StarScape and EtherscamDB, 6a-StarscapeAndEtherDB
- Anonymity Tools, 6b-AnonymityTools