Poodle is collection of ruby based "tools" which work collectively with Apache Solr to produce a simple intranet search tool. It is similar to the Java based Nutch search tool - Although at present nowhere near as rounded.
The project includes:
- A ruby based "web" crawler and associated tools
- A ruby on rails based front end to Apache Solr
The aim is to provide simple code which can be easily modified to your own needs. It's useable "out of the box" although I imagine some tinkering and minor cosmetic changes will be need to fit your organization or needs.
I produced this for my own needs and wished something like this had existed at the time.
- Grab the latest version from git-hub
- Read the documentation, either through the (currently committed) "rdocs" (./Poodle/doc/rdoc), or examining the ".md" files in ./Poodle/doc/meta
- Have a play!
- Give me some feedback or help me develop the package
This project relies on a number of "libraries" apologies if I have left any out:
If you have any queries/problems, would like to contribute etc. then please contact me: