Clone this wiki locally
What would you want to do with it? Ultimately, here are all the things I'd like to do with Contiki on Zigduino.
- I need to prepare my nodes so that they will work with the Contiki avr-zigduino platform.
- I want to make sure my system is working properly.
- I want to collect sensor values from nodes scattered all over.
- I want to use the on-board temperature and voltage sensors.
- I want to view and analyze the sensor data on the PC.
- I want to make changes to a remote node from a base node, for example turning on or off a lamp.
- I want my nodes to communicate even if they are not all within communication range from one another.
- I don't want to hand-configure each node to specify its physical position (its parent) in the network. I want to add or remove nodes from the network without having to specifically configure that node or any others in the network.
- I want individual sensor nodes to last a long time (> 1 year) on a single battery charge.
- I want to connect to my nodes from PCs on my network, for example to view information about my node or control it from a web browser on my PC.
- I want my nodes to be able to access my internal network, and the Internet beyond, for example to post sensor readings to pachube.
- I want to be able to use all my Arduino libraries and other handy functionality in Contiki programs.
- As an absolute beginner, I am not comfortable with command-line development or makefiles, so I need to make Contiki sketches from the Arduino IDE.
Next: Installing. How to get it, and get it working.