Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- Fixed player being pushed away by an invisible force after teleportation.
- Added carpet blocks.
- Made cake edible. Mhmm, delicious...
- Display less error output when server heartbeat fails.
- Fixed riding on rails. You can finally just cross those junctions again!
- Allow selecting blocks when holding a weapon.
- Fix privileges not being granted to server console.
- Updated included OpenTK library to a more recent version.
- The game now uses a hardware cursor. This can also be set by the server. Yeah!
- Increased performance on low-end machines quite a bit. Thanks to @torial for providing this in the forum!
- Start the game at 08:00. No more total darkness when starting a new game
- New block property
PickDistanceWhenUsed. This will allow things like world-editing tools.
- Changed lighting slightly.
/giveagain which was accidentally reverted.
- New UI for health/oxygen. Still work in progress.
- Apples can now be eaten.
- Fixed jumping bug on half blocks.
- Introduced graphics option to toggle darkening of block sides.
- New methods in Mod API. Those are for checking if certain block interactions are allowed before the server takes action. Useful for area protection.
New blocks: Carpets
Thanks to @joshi1999 there are now carpets available!
Those are available in the same colors as wool blocks and can directly be crafted from 1 wool block.
- Manic Digger now requires a .NET 3.5 runtime as some of its dependencies need it
- Fixed some compiler warnings
- Allow orientation updates for real players instead of just bots
- Added EnablePlayerPushing option to ServerConfig which allows toggling player collisions
- Fixed entity pushing
- Added /time command
- Made time independant from server ticks
- Fixed several terrain display bugs
- WebClient: Restore Firefox compatibility
- Improved chat autocompletion
- Fixed falling sound playing indefinitely
- Fixed some crashes when entering invalid commands
- Block damage source is now reported correctly
- Update libenet reference to newest version
- Fix crash when pressing ESC while connecting
- Fix crash in menu
- Update Bot positions correctly
- Added ServerSystems loaded first/last for special operations
- OnLoad() and OnLoadWorld() are called again
- Unload player texture when player leaves
- Fixed mushrooms growing on non-empty positions
- Some localization updates
- Web Client: Display server disconnect messages
- Fixed client IPs not being displayed correctly for WebSocket connections
- Fixed getting stuck in block corners
- Draw chat input on top of health bar
- Fixed Ctrl-V in chat
- Implemented mouse smoothing
- Fixed lag occuring every second
- Fixed ice drawing
- Several optimizations
Release version of Manic Digger 2015-02-17
- Web browser game client (HTML5, WebGL)
- Added a new skysphere. Introducing a day-night-cycle
- New player physics
- Block IDs > 255 are now saved correctly
- Updated terrain renderer (thanks to @TobiMob)
- Introduced new format for player models. This should be a lot easier than the old one
- Fixed monster editor
- Added new DrawType: Flat
- Allow Mod debugging
- Send inventory updates directly to client when issuing
- Updated lava texture (does not look so washed out anymore)
- Some bot optimisations
- Parse colors in serverlist correctly
- Mouse wheel support in multiplayer server list
- Make server handle Ctrl-C (proper shutdown)
- Added a few more half-height blocks
- Allow 5 server queries per second
- Introduced limit on number of restarts per time interval (default: 5 per 10 minutes) to prevent restart loops
- Changed automatic server restarts. Server process doesn't get killed anymore but shuts itself down regularly.
IsShuttingDown()to Mod API
- Changed some things in terms of crash handling. Old entries in crash log don't get overwritten anymore.
- Fixed transparency issues in ore textures
- Added new blocks (including more types of wood):
- Spruce Wood
- Birch Wood
- Red Sand
- Red Sandstone
- Dead Plant
- Grass Plant
- TreeGenerator.cs: Fixed generation of forests
- Added new DrawType: Cactus
- Added entity hit handler to ModAPI (allowing player interaction / PvP)
- RememberPosition.cs: Fixed invalid coordinates being stored in some cases
- New background image in main menu. Activated background animation.
- Added permission sign (currently disabled)
- Added signs (currently disabled)
- War Mod: Fixed console being spammed with errors when a new player joins
- Fixed crafting images
- Added possibility to quit from loading screen to main menu (for example if a server doesn't answer)
- Optimized server chunk unloading. Uses far less CPU now
- Fixed group issue when connecting to server on same machine (thank you, e-arif!)
- Fixed player positions being sent twice (causing movement stutter)
- Default.cs split into 3 files for easier creation of new gamemodes
- Fixed mouse cursor sometimes not being displayed when leaving a game
- Added translation support for main menu
- Implemented OnLoadWorld event for Mod API
- Allow server queries using TCP
- Added exit button to main menu
- Write a more detailed clientside log
- Some serverside stability improvements
- Being disconnected from a server no longer closes the game
- Better multiplayer serverlist
- Small fixes in text rendering
- Links posted in chat are now clickable
- Made TextRenderer actually respect given Font Type
- Added asset caching (this means you'll join servers much faster after your first visit)
- Client window size is now sent to server replacing the old static value
- Added descriptions to some Mod-API methods (WIP)
- Added player redirection from one server to another
- Added server queries
- Maximum distance that players are visible can now be set in server config
- Fixed hitboxes of spectators not disappearing
- New Mod-API function: IsPlayerSpectator
- Updated Doors Mod
- Fixed an IndexOutOfRangeException that occured relatively often
- Login fields are now switchable using the keyboard
- Fixed memory leak on reconnect
- Fixed generation of bedrock at the bottom of the map
- Fixed sound playback on client
- Improved FillStart/FillEnd - bandwidth usage is now much lower than before
- Added RememberPosition Mod that spawns players where they left the game
- Added /shutdown command
- Fixed display of chat messages longer than 3 lines
- Slight color changes in join/leave messages
- Fixed the compass (and its inventory image not showing up)
- Added possibility to change language in client
- Fixed player orientation being buggy until they turn their head
- Fixed possible crash when connecting to a server via web browser
- Added simple singleplayer server for mobile devices
- Added new model format for player models
- Fixed Font selection in options menu
- Don't send bot names to playerlist and don't count them as players
- [War Mod] Fixed players being able to walk around / shoot while dead
- [War Mod] Fixed bug that caused grenades to have unlimited ammunition
- [War Mod] Fixed bug that occured when players killed themselves with grenades
- [War Mod] Fixed dead players being able to hurt others
Release version of Manic Digger 2014-04-17
- Fixed crafting
- Fixed player hitboxes
- Don't show menu when quitting a dialog
- Fixed crash when server restarts
- Fixed crash at top of map