3D real-time representation system of the brain activity.
Project created by Manik Bhattacharjee and Pierre Deman - see http://www.pyvotons.org/?page_id=377
Developed during the HUG Hackathon 2018 - see https://hackathon-hug-2018.sparkboard.com/project/5aa673d63feea30400b6362e and https://github.com/HUGrealtimeplasticbrain/realtimeEEGanalysis
This repository is from the 2019 Brainhack Geneva hackathon and yielded the first functional prototype.
Project 07: PlasticBrain: real-time brain activity on a 3D printed brain
- Arduino + Neopixel RGB LED strips (5V 4A power supply, LED strip signal from arduino pin 6, single LED in pin1/ground to display signal reception, power supply and USB grounds must be connected, capacitor connected between + and - of power supply to regulated power fluctuations due to LEDs lighting variations)
- Hardware : 3D printed brain (cortical surface extracted with Brainvisa - http://brainvisa.info )
- EEG Acquisition with LabStreamingLayer
- EEG Filtering using MNE, PYCNBI and SCIPY
- Inverse Problem (Sources Localization - matrix generated with Cartool)
- Sources to LED Matrix scripts/sources2leds.csv (matrix generated by scripts/sources2leds.py using manually entered closest source in cartool for each LED data/leds.csv)
- Communication with the hardware (serial USB connexion to Arduino).
- Clone this repository:
git clone https://github.com/brainhack-ch/plastic-brain.git
- Install the packages and dependencies...
pip install -r requirements.txt
- Compile and load in your Arduino (with the arduino IDE) the file scripts/signal2ligth/signal2ligth.ino
- Get an EEG system than can send its data in realtime using LSL (Lab Streaming Layer)
- Connect the arduino to your USB port.
- Start the EEG data stream in your local network.
- Run the main code:
This project is licensed under the MIT License - see the LICENSE.md file for details
- Manik Bhattacharjee
- Victor Ferat
- Jelena Brankovic
- Gaetan Davout
- Elif Naz Gecer
- Jorge Morales
- Italo Fernandes - https://italogsfernandes.com - firstname.lastname@example.org
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.