gImageReader is a simple Gtk/Qt front-end to tesseract-ocr.
- Import PDF documents and images from disk, scanning devices, clipboard and screenshots
- Process multiple images and documents in one go
- Manual or automatic recognition area definition
- Recognize to plain text or to hOCR documents
- Recognized text displayed directly next to the image
- Post-process the recognized text, including spellchecking
- Generate PDF documents from hOCR documents
- Source: Download from the releases page
- Windows: Download from the releases page
- Fedora: Available from the official repositories
- Debian: Available from the official repositories
- Ubuntu: Available from ppa:sandromani/gimagereader
- OpenSUSE: Available from OpenSUSE Build Service
- ArchLinux: Available from the community repositories
The steps for compiling gImageReader from source are documented in the wiki.
Contributions are always welcome, ideally in the form of pull-requests.
gImageReader translations are hosted on weblate and are periodically merged into master.