Manjaro Sway Edition
We are building a manjaro sway edition - with the following principles:
- use a decent cli/tui solution
- convention overrideable by configuration
- prepare opt-out
- build everything automatically
How to install
You can find the latest images on manjaro-sway.download and on github releases. Depending on their size, the iso may be split into a multipart zip archive. To extract the regular images from multipart zip archive, download both the
z01 and the
zip files, and run the command:
zip -FF manjaro-sway-*.zip --out manjaro-full.zip && unzip manjaro-full.zip
What image to choose?
We currently release two images:
- a conservative image: lts kernel, "stable" packages
- an arch-like image: stable kernel, latest/"unstable" packages
- nvidia proprietary drivers <470 are not supported by sway.
- nvidia's 470 drivers and the 5.14 Kernel have just added sway support for proprietary drivers and are known to cause problems.
- nvidia open source drivers (noveau) are known to cause problems, refer to the arch wiki for pointers
- vmware player is known to cause problems similar to nouveau - you could use gnome boxes or virtualbox instead - refer to the arch wiki for pointers
user: manjaro password: manjaro
How to Build
- Check out the ISO profile
- Run this command in the root directory
buildiso -p sway
There are lots of ways to contribute.
- Give us a
⭐here on github to increase our visibility
- Help collecting implementation ideas in discussions
- Implement ideas in our desktop-settings and iso profile and create pull requests
- Contribute to the documentation and help others in our chat
- Get in touch with the broader Manjaro community.
- use the distribution on a daily basis, find and share solutions to problems you have.
- get the manjaro packages before they are released to the general public by switching to our "unstable" or "testing" branch and report issues you face early on.
- initial inspiration came from the sway branch in the manjaro iso profiles repo
- initially a lot of work got copied from the manjaro sway arm overlay
- the background image is beautifully made by reddit user u/atlas-ark
- the logo is a contribution by André Vallestero
If you like our distribution and have some bucks to spare, please consider contributions to the projects and developers we rely on the most:
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!