Manjaro Sway Edition
We are building a manjaro sway edition - with the following principles:
- use a decent cli/tui solution
- convention overrideable by configuration
- prepare opt-out
- build everything automatically
How to install
You can find the weekly ISO images on github releases.
To extract the regular images from multipart zip archive, download both the
z01 and the
zip files, and run the command:
zip -FF manjaro-sway-*.zip --out manjaro-full.zip && unzip manjaro-full.zip
- nvidia proprietary drivers <470 are not supported by sway.
- nvidia's 470 drivers and the 5.14 Kernel have just added sway support for proprietary drivers and are known to cause problems.
- nvidia open source drivers (noveau) are known to cause problems, refer to the arch wiki for pointers
- vmware player is known to cause problems similar to nouveau - you could use gnome boxes or virtualbox instead - refer to the arch wiki for pointers
user: manjaro password: manjaro
How to Build
- Check out the ISO profile
- Run this command in the root directory
buildiso -p sway
There are lots of ways to contribute.
- Give us a
⭐here on github to increase our visibility
- Help collecting implementation ideas in discussions
- Implement ideas in our desktop-settings and iso profile and create pull requests
- Contribute to the documentation and help others in our chat
- Get in touch with the broader Manjaro community.
- use the distribution on a daily basis, find and share solutions to problems you have.
- get the manjaro packages before they are released to the general public by switching to our "unstable" or "testing" branch and report issues you face early on.
- initial inspiration came from the sway branch in the manjaro iso profiles repo
- initially a lot of work got copied from the manjaro sway arm overlay
- the background image is beautifully made by reddit user u/atlas-ark
- the logo is a contribution by André Vallestero
If you like our distribution and have some bucks to spare, please consider contributions to the projects and developers we rely on the most:
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!