Manjaro Sway Edition
We are building a manjaro sway edition - with the following principles:
- use a decent cli/tui solution
- convention overrideable by configuration
- prepare opt-out
- build everything automatically
See here for any questions.
- nvidia proprietary drivers <470 are not supported by sway.
- nvidia's 470 drivers and the 5.14 Kernel have just added sway support for proprietary drivers and are known to cause problems.
- nvidia open source drivers (noveau) are known to cause problems, refer to the arch wiki for pointers
- vmware player is known to cause problems similar to nouveau - you could use gnome boxes or virtualbox instead - refer to the arch wiki for pointers
user: manjaro password: manjaro
How to Build
- Check out the ISO profile
- Run this command in the root directory
buildiso -p sway
- initial inspiration came from the sway branch in the manjaro iso profiles repo
- initially a lot of work got copied from the manjaro sway arm overlay
- the background image is beautifully made by reddit user u/atlas-ark
- the logo is a contribution by André Vallestero
If you like our distribution and have some bucks to spare, please consider contributions to the projects and developers we rely on the most:
Thanks goes to these wonderful people (emoji key):
This project follows the all-contributors specification. Contributions of any kind welcome!