Sort Board By Dates for kanboard
Allows boards to be sorted by different dates
- Date due, started, created, modified, moved, closed ...
- ... or (of course) in kanboard default-mode
- The new actions to reorder tasks by column (coming with Kanboard 1.2.9 and 1.2.11) are ONLY displayed, if the current board is set to kanboard's default sort-method!
- ONLY project-managers/admins can set the preferences via a new "Board sort-settings"-panel on a per-project base
- includes german translation
The plugin is not intended to provide a fast method to change the sort-method for every user, but is rather aimed to enable special workflows, by forcing a project-board to be sorted in the way, that the project-manager(s) configure that project.
The settings panel allows you to change the sort-method for the current project. By default this is set to board-order, which is basically Kanboard's default sort-method.
Alternatively you can choose to sort the tasks by one of the listed date-fields in ascending order. You can also define how to sort tasks, that have no date-information in the selected field.
Direct access to settings-panel via project-dropdown
Besides the option to configure this plugin in the new settings-panel via Configure this project / Board sort-settings , you can directly call this panel from the project-dropdown by clicking the new option Board sort-settings
If any other than the default sort-method is selected, there is an icon next to the board-TAB indicating that sort-method. In addition you can get a plaintext-tooltip by hovering the mouse over that icon.
New actions to reorder tasks by column NOT displayed!
The new actions to reorder tasks by column (coming with Kanboard 1.2.9 and 1.2.11) are NOT displayed, if the current board is set to a NON-default sort-method, because this plugin will overrule these settings.
If the current board ist set to the Kanboard-default sort-method the new actions are of course available!
While I was looking for a way to sort a project-board by start or due-date, I found his plugin. While it did part of what I was looking for, I was missing other features. That's why I decided to make my own version.
- Manfred Hoffmann
- License MIT
- Kanboard >= 1.2.11
You have the choice between 2 methods:
- Download the zip file and decompress everything under the directory
- Clone this repository into the folder
Note: Plugin folder is case-sensitive.