AlbionStatus scraper and bot
This part of https://albionstatus.com is responsible for fetching the server status and pushing it (roughly every minute) into a MySQL database.
These instructions will get you a copy of the project up and running on your local machine for development and testing purposes. See deployment for notes on how to deploy the project on a live system.
Be sure to look into the repositories of the other parts of AlbionStatus:
To install the microservice on your machine, you'll need:
- Python 3!! (sorry, no 2.x support here)
- A MySQL database for the status information
- The MySQL Python connector
- Credentials for the Twitter API
Okay, you got these? Great, let's continue!
- Pull the application and switch to the correct branch (mostly
masterif you want to deploy)
- Get all dependencies by using
pip -r requirements.txtin the projects root folder
- Grab a copy of the config.example.json file, enter the needed information and save it as config.json
- If you are ready to fetch data, use
python3 albionstatus.pyto start the scraper and bot
Here you go! You may like to use tools like supervisor to ensure that the script runs 24/7
Deployment works similar to installation. Just go for
master instead of
Possible errors and there solutions
None known by now
See also the list of contributors who participated in this project.
See LICENSE file